Welcome to Class 15D
Welcome to Class 15D! Within our class you will find a range of different personalities and skill sets that are all embraced and pushed to their full potential.
We like to have fun and play games, but also know how important it is to make sure we are achieving our personal goals and targets in order to be the best that we can be.
This year we have been working extremely hard to:
- Deepen and master our mathematical knowledge through the use of a Singapore approach to mathematics which involves working in Concrete, Pictorial, and Abstract forms.
- Use practical ways of understanding word problems, we can use Numuican, Rods, Cubes, Bean bags, Tracks, counters, pegs, and anything else we can get our hands on.
- Use our Reading Powers to explore our class - Cosmic and Journey to Joburg.
- Pupil Voice - Give our ideas for how and what we want to learn, which Mr. Davies is doing his best to involve within our planned tasks and activities.
- Work cooperatively whenever we are given the opportunity by using our Kagan structures.
- Present our work in different ways and have the option to use Thinking maps when we feel it suits.
We are really looking forward to the Summer term which is going to include:
- Our residential trip to Glan Llyn
- A Geography based topic focussing on one of the countries taking part in this year’s Football World Cup
- Exploring the book ‘Window’ by Jeannie Baker.