Croeso i Dosbarth Chwech
Croeso i Dobarth Chwech a welcome to Class Six. In Dosbarth Chwech Mrs Smallwood is the class teacher and Mrs Ellson is the learning support. In Dosbath Chwech we are really hardworking, kind and always trying to be the very best that we can be. We do whatever we can to make our learning creative and fun, and make sure we are happy and ready to learn.
The children have access to a balance of focus activities and free choice time in provisions. During free choice we challenge ourselves to build upon our learning against success criteria’s and in provisions we undertake independent chilli challenges to consolidate our learning and skills. We enjoy learning both in the class and in the indoor and outdoor provisions.
This term we will be learning:
- In Language this term we will be looking at Capital letters and full stops. How do they work? When do we use them etc.
- We will be looking at the differences between Fiction and Non-Fiction books.
- We will be writing simple short sentences about ourselves and what we like doing.
- We will be labelling mini beasts and writing short fact files about our favourite mini beast.
- In Maths we will be looking at addition and subtraction up to ten and using number bonds to help us.
- We will be looking at shapes and patterns, making patterns with shapes.
- We will learn about ordinal numbers, first, second third etc.
- And we will begin looking at numbers up to twenty, ordering, adding and subtracting them.
- Our topic this term is Mini-Beasts. We will be learning all about different types of mini-beasts. Where they live what they eat and how we can help them.
- We will also be attempting to create suitable habitats for the mini-beats in our outdoor areas.
- We will be studying the life cycle of some mini-beasts such as frogs and butterflies.
We are all really looking forward to getting started and seeing what we can achieve over the course of the next few weeks.