Croeso i Dosbarth Chwech
This class is taught by Miss Kirkham and supported by Miss Hughes.
Our book for this term is ‘The Selfish Giant’ by Oscar Wilde.
We were introduced to the story through ‘Mantle of the Expert’. We have built a hill, met the Giant’s sister and even planned a remembrance garden.
We have come up with some ‘Big Questions’ that we will investigate this half term. This will guide our topic work so keep an eye out on Seesaw!
- We are looking at letter formation and capital letters.
- We will be making a list of items that the Giant might eat for his breakfast before we design a menu.
- We have been identifying different 2D shapes and talking about their properties.
- We have been looking at patterns and making our own repeating patterns using different shapes.
- We are moving on to look at ordinal numbers. We are using terminology such as first (1st), second (2nd) etc.
Our PE day is a Monday. Please make sure children have appropriate (warm) clothing as we will try to use the outdoor space when we can.
Please make sure your child brings their reading book and record in every day. Sharing books at home and playing language games is a great way to encourage a love of reading.