Croeso i Dosbarth Chwech
This year we have been learning:
- In Language we have been learning all about how to plan and write stories.
- We have used the Shadow Puppet app to plan our stories orally and then we have used these videos to help us write out stories.
- We have been adding adjectives and connectives to our story writing.
- We have been writing stories about dragons, we have been writing fact-files and reports and we have been writing poems in the form of sea shanties for our Pirate topic.
- In Maths we have been studying place value and splitting numbers into tens and ones.
- We have been using the column method to both add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- We have begun looking at multiplication as repeated addition.
- We have create picture graphs using data we have gathered in class. We used the Hwb to create our picturegraphs.
- We have studied mini-beasts, fairy tales, toys, dragons and pirates for our topics this year.
- We created a Toy Museum in the Spring Term after we found a collection of toys left by a man 60 years ago.
- We showed the toys off to our families who came to visit our museum.
- We visited Talacre Beach where we found a message in a bottle from a Pirate called Peg-Leg Pete.
- He has asked us if we can become pirates so we can join his crew.
- We will be having a Pirate Day later in the summer term.